Calling for submissions for the First Ikimon Coloring Contest!Other
Ikimon means "living organisms" in the Japanese Kansai dialect.
The bodies of living organisms are very complex, and at the same time, very beautiful. This is why we decided to make a coloring page featuring living organisms!
The theme this time is "The Lungs". Humans breathe air in and out of their lungs roughly 20 times per minute or 30,000 times per day. What does the inside of the lungs look like? Inside the lungs are many tubular structures in which air passes through. These tubular structures are lined with various types of cells, with each cell type having different functions.
Imagine the drama taking place inside the lungs as you color the cells that make up this organ!
Download the coloring page.
（To download, right click on image, and select "Save as". )
September 23 – October 20
How to enter the contest:
Download the coloring page from the website, color the picture, and submit using one of the following two methods. If you prefer to print and color, please download the PDF version.
- Download the coloring page (png format) * To download, right click on image, and select "Save as".
- Download the coloring page (PDF 1.5MB)
- Via Twitter
- Via e-mail
Tweet a photo or data file of the colored picture with the hashtag #IkimonColoringLung
Send a photo or image file of the colored picture as an attachment to an e-mail with the subject line, "Ikimon coloring contest", and also include the nickname (pen name) of the entrant, and if relevant, the age of the entrant in the body of the email.
Submissions must be a colored-in work of the Ikimon coloring page "The Lungs," which can be downloaded from this website. You can use a digital or traditional method to color the picture. You can also use any coloring material (colored pencils, crayons, paints, etc.) of your choice.
Announcement of winning submissions:
- The winning submissions will be announced on the RIKEN Kobe/Osaka Open House website on October 31, 2020.
- Winners will be selected for Gold Prize, Silver Prize, Judge’s Special Recognition Award (Bronze Prize) and Children’s category.
- Winners will receive a special souvenir. (Winners will be contacted individually after the announcement.)
- Images and photographs of submitted works may be posted on the website.
- The nickname/account name of the winning submissions will also be shown on the website.
- Winners will be notified by direct message (DM) for submissions made by Twitter, or by e-mail for submissions made by e-mail. For those who submit via Twitter, please follow @ BDR_RIKEN, or enable your account to "receive messages from anyone." For those who submit via e-mail, please ensure that you can receive e-mails from "@riken.jp"
- Please note that we cannot send the prize to the winner if we do not receive a response to the notification from the winner.
- The recipient of the Children’s Category Prize will be selected from the submitted works of those 12 years and under. To be considered for the Children’s category, please include the age of the individual who colored the work in the Tweet message or the e-mail.
- The copyrights of the submitted works (photo and image data) will belong to RIKEN.
- Submission of works other than the Ikimon Coloring Page "The Lung"
- Submission of works that have altered the Ikimon Coloring Page "The Lung"
- Images or photos that include full name or other privacy-related information
- Works containing content that is offensive to public order and morals
- Works that infringes on the copyright of others
We will not respond to any inquiries regarding the selection process.
|RIKEN Center for Biosystems Dynamics Research c/o Coloring Contest|